Monday, October 24, 2011

Hipsters

I'm going through the motions of sunday night and wanted to post about my night last night. I didn't have jack shit planned and last min I texted a girl who lives in town to see if she was up to anything. She invited me out with her work friends and so I went over to her place to pregame, then we went to an actual pregame and then we took a cab ride (insert 20 min convo with driver about lap dances) and we ended up in one of the bar districts.

Now this bar district has a huge variety of places and we started at a chill sports bar just drinking and playing music and having a good time and I am getting to know her coworkers and their friends and having a good time. In the process of this I have two shots bought for me, one by one of the girls we are there with who as the night goes on becomes obviously infatuated with me... had to throw the girlfriend card more than once and by the end of the night all she could say was if only you were single....  Not going to happen, she was nice but I'm in it to win it now. And the second shot was from a rather short gay friend of hers. Who also was "warm for my form". This was the first time a guy had ever bought me a drink to hit on me (as far as I know) and I really don't care and it isn't like the guy was all over me trying to make me uncomfortable but he told my friend he was into me and she informed him I would not be returning the feelings. Not even behind closed doors would this guy have been my type with his skinny jeans and being much shorter than me, but a shot is a shot.

So after about an hour or so of getting good and drunk we shifted bars and wound up at this hipster bar where they had an outside dance venue and we just went out in the center of this huge group of hippies and hipsters and drank PBR and danced with them. This was the kind of music that was just beats in the background that shifted from song to song without there ever being a lyric. I honestly have not had that much fun in along time so after spending all our cash at the bar and dancing like a bunch of white fools me and two of the girls called it a night and split a cab home just before bar close.

I am going to have to go back to that bar, but you have to be in the right mood (hammered) to really enjoy it as a non hipster.  I was definitely one of the only people who had showered twice that day in the bar but they really like to get down. In honor of those dirty hipsters who know how to get down and don't really care what anyone thinks here is a hipster jam. (At least that is what this website says, I am not a hipster so I don't really know)

In other news my sister and mother are speaking again and my dad is doing somewhat better. Im getting ready to set up an appt to talk to someone because I have a lot of pent up anger about the whole thing and I would rather not go home for the holidays and explode at my mother in front of the grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment