Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Quick to Judge

Sometimes I forget about this side of me. Not the bisexual side, because that really isn't a side of me, it is just part of who I am. But the blogger side, I forget I have his online diary of sorts and that through this I have met some pretty awesome people. I am going somewhere with this, I promise.

This weekend I was doing this online survey, to get some free itunes money. (Not a huge scam, it works, so only a small scam) Anyways, one of the questions was do you have any friends you have met online but never in person. I, of course, instantly hit no and think about all those losers who play WOW in their mom's basement. But about 20 seconds into my judgement I begin to think... wait... I am that kind of person. I have a few people I talk to every once and a while and check in on and see how they are doing. So that right there I would say qualifies me to answer that question. BUT on top of that, one my closest friends, I have never met. RJ and I talk almost every day about whatever and he keeps me sane and I like to think me likewise. Mostly we just give each other shit and talk about work and other BS, but this guy has helped me through some serious shit and he is the only person I talk to about everything. So I clearly qualify for the yes answer on that question, and I scrolled back up and changed my answer.



So, along with my new life direction, looking at the positive and good in life (its pretty easy to do today since I got a raise) I also want to try to judge less. Something I am pretty bad at. But this post is not about that, this is about how I have online friends, and one online best friend. I am talking to him right now in fact. And in a running tradition I am going to share with you guys a song I have stuck in my head that I really like, for which RJ would call me a little girl. But hey, I am okay with that. judge me all you want, I'll just be singing this while I get ready to go out with my bros for dinner and drinks.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for preemptively calling yourself out for being a little girl....now I got nothing...although I'd like to point out you used a clip from the Disney channel even.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RJ is a really cool guy and has helped me out as well! i have a good amount of online friends too and its cool to be able to talk to them about anything. it defiantly helps sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have met less than 1/2 of my online friends. I like them whether I've met them or not. My BF and I suddenly had the opportunity to meet one of my long time online friends a month ago. It was awesome! He was just as neat in real as online. And, even though we had really just met, it was like we'd known each other for years!

    I've also learned tolerance and to be less judgemental during my coming out process. It's another good reason to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea blogging has definitely been a good outlet for meeting virtual friends. Probably my only venue for meeting online friends I will never (?) meet in reality. Sounds like for some it's happened though so always something to keep on the table. Then you don't have to feel like a loser answering yes to these online surveys haha.

    BTW thanks for the shout out the post back. I definitely enjoy reading your blog too so keep it up!

    ReplyDelete