Monday, October 3, 2011

Sunday Night Slowdown

Every Sunday night I do the same thing. I putter around the apartment either cleaning up or packing depending on the week and really get hardly anything done at all. During this time I drink more beer than someone who is alone should and listen to whatever music I discovered on Pandora that week.  This is one of my favorites from this week.

And then eventually I get into bed with my lap top and read some of the wrap up about college football that weekend and start to realize that I have stayed up entirely too late to be functional at work tomorrow. To make matters worse I usually don't go to sleep then either. I just moan about it in my head. At some point in here there is a phone conversation with the gf, where we talking about what we did today and all that boring shit.

Then finally when I am ready to pass out I pull up Post Secret and look over the new secrets for the week. There is something about that website and the honesty that it contains that draws me in. I read every secret, usually twice, and then I am finally ready for bed. I know some other guys have talked about post secret before and I believe I have mentioned it as well, but I am really blown away by some of the stuff on there, it touches every human emotion and can sometimes expose things I didn't know were still bothering me. A couple years ago I went to one of the events and it was awesome to be there looking at secrets in person and seeing how much effort people put into exposing their secrets to the public. This blog is kind of like my postsecret but there are still things I wouldn't write on here but may one day send in as a postcard.

Anyways, I really enjoy that website and the release it gives me. Other things I am enjoying right now, fall weather, pumpkin beer, and the fact that Nebraska thought they would win the Big Ten their first year in the conference and they got put in their place this weekend. My thoughts aside on the changing landscape of college sports, I love to see someone put in their place. 

Keep on, keeping on guys.


1 comment:

  1. Ha. I have a post called Post Secret. Clearly I was a little buzzed and not wanting to look back when I wrote this last night. Have a good one guys.

    ReplyDelete