Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Blogging > Homework

I have a paper to write, a couple readings to catch up on and then another online thing I don't even understand that is going to take some serious reading and note reading to complete so of course I have made the logical decision to write a blog post.

Nothing major but I have had some stuff on my mind. One thing that has been on my mind is kids. RJ talked about kids on his blog and that got my mind on it and then I hung out with some little kids this week (nothing creepy, I was hanging with my cousins who were passing through town and stopped to see me).  The cherry on top of this parental cake was the awesome Darth Vader commercial for the new Passat, that little kid cracks me up and I hope some day to be the dad who can make my kids believe in magic (I am too corny sometimes). But anyways I have had kids on the brain.

I am 22 and by no means ready for kids, but I know that some day in the not too distant future I will be. I want them before 30 because I want to be young enough that my kids still connect with me. I just look forward to having a little kids running around who rely on you for everything but at the same time give you way more than they know. Just the two hours with the little guys this week and they made me feel like the most important guy on earth. I know that parenting is more than just cool moments and sports boosters meetings but I have to say I think I am mature enough to handle it. And now that I am not so stressed about graduation (I have 4 more interviews coming up and one job offer in the bag) and things okay in my social life (I am still ignoring the fact that inside I can barely stand being in a room with Kyle and I need to talk him still.... one day at a time) my mind is wandering. I am enjoying a somewhat lower level of stress but that may have something to do with my always putting off my growing pile of work. This weekend will be pretty full of me studying and working but in a couple weeks I am going to hit the slopes with some friends.

Well I should shower and finish my HW. You guys stay classy.

This tune has been stuck in my head since it came on Pandora today while I was actually being productive for once. Not sure why, I have never really listened to this group but why not.

2 comments:

  1. Look at you being all mature and realizing kids aren't all fun and games and you're not ready for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids are awesome, being an uncle I would know! I too want kids before 30 and being 26 I'm so close to not fulfilling that..sigh

    ReplyDelete