Thursday, February 28, 2013

Mama's Boy

I have a lot to write about but I am not ready to flesh all of that out, it has been a rough week for me. I left the blog feeling pretty good after a great night with friends on Friday. From there things went downhill and the lady and I are in an interesting spot right now. I was talking to MadMenMD and he told me to really flesh out how I am feeling about her for you guys but I have other stuff on my mind right now.

First. Enjoy this cover. I stumbled upon it, only 4,000 hits but I love Daft Punk and this is a pretty great version.

Another interjection - I was talking with Brotastic this week and we both agreed it is incredibly hard to come back to a post after you start it but don't finish in the first sitting. I have had more free time than usual this week but couldn't bring myself to finish my post so here I am now a week later finally finishing this.

So when I started this post I was pissed at my Mom because it had been 2 weeks since I had talked to her and I had reached out twice to try and get her to contact me, I just wanted to talk to my mom. I had personal stuff going on and I wanted her to want to talk to me. She was busy dealing with her own personal mess, which she has made for  herself recently, and I guess she was just too caught up in all of it to talk. It is hard for me to not be mad at her because I don't agree with the decisions she has been making recently. But it is her life and I just go back to the phrase that got me through my parents divorce initially, the serenity prayer. 

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

Well since then we have spoken a couple times but she isn't there and all the way. I guess I just miss my mom and how she used to be. My Dad too, after a big family gathering in January that my dad flew out to the heartland for I saw some cousins a few weeks later and the first thing they said was that they were concerned about my dad, His whole demeanor has changed... I was upset by that but I guess I knew that already, but no one in the family had pointed it out.  Anyways this has happened to my mom but on a more drastic level, I don't recognize it. 


Anyways I don't know what I am saying here really except getting my feelings out. Expect a couple posts today because I have time to kill waiting for my vacation to start and I am posted up in starbucks. 

GND

1 comment:

  1. Hey man,
    I think it helps to recognise the people in our lives who we hold in high regard, for the flawed human beings that they are. And then love them, flaws and all. Even our parents.

    Have you read Crosscurrents by Adam Phillips? I think you would relate to it.

    Http://www.gayauthors.org/adamphillips/stories/cc01.php

    When you get sometime if you haven't already read it, check it out.

    ReplyDelete