Friday, March 29, 2013

Chreaster

Chreaster- (n) - Someone who only attends church services on Christmas and Easter.

I have become a Chreaster, not on purpose but it happened. I have not been to church since Christmas. I got busty, I travel on weekends, I am too tired, there is a game on, who knows. I was going to church twice a week for a while and was really enjoying my bible study but things clearly have fallen by the wayside there. I am a Christian, I was raised in a church, with my parents as the Sunday School Teachers, much more so my father than my mother, but she went... until she stopped going but that is a story for another day. But my church has always been accepting and when I moved after college it was important I find another accepting church. I did, but I just haven't made the time I need to for my relationship with god. Which to me is outside of church, there is a huge difference between religion and faith. I have faith but lack religious conviction. Anyways this was a wild tangent from what I wanted to post about this song and Might to Save are two of my favorites.

This weekend Liz and I are going to my grandparents, this is the first time we have really done holidays together, we did Easter in college but that was because of timing not by choice. It should be a fun weekend spent shooting guns, eating too much, celebrating Christ, and drinking a little too much, all the things my family loves to do. I am looking forward to a weekend away where we don't have a schedule to keep or people to meet up with, it will be good for us.

Anyways guys Happy Easter. I hope everyone gets to spend some time with the people they love, whether that is friends, family, loved ones, or your dog, I hope you enjoy it.

Until next time I have something to ramble about,
GND

PS. I have things built up but Ill be home for the next few weeks so I need things to blog about to fill my time.

1 comment: