Thursday, January 20, 2011

above average thirst

It's thirsty Thursday and today has been anything but normal/ fun for me and it is only 4 so tonight I will be seeking some liquid relief. Class started off normal and I was feeling surprisingly good for the amount of beer I consumed last night. Anyways I go to my class at 9 and I just start getting pissed. This is an upper level class in my major and our professor is talking to us like we are 10 year old kids that have never heard of any of these topics or heard of the comparative method. I know some people may be in their first upper level classes but still she talked to us like we were little kids with scraped knees. Sorry I just had to get that off my chest, it isn't the reason my day has been stressful.

My main job (the one that pays my drinking tab and for my books) is about to get very stressful, I have worked at the same place for 2 and a half years now, longer than anyone else there, and now my boss is leaving along with the only other person I get along with. My best friend at work quit earlier this month and her last day was my first one back from break. Now we have two new people who are going to transfer in above me and I am going to have to work with them (I know one of them pretty well, don't know the other) but a lot of things are going to fall on my shoulders. I know this because the Big Boss who made all these decisions called me today and told me he was counting on me to make this transition smooth and make sure everything works well. I set myself up for this. Last semester I was working 30+ hours a week at this job and busting my ass doing everything they asked me to with a full course load. This is my last semester and I wanted to take a backseat roll and kind of do my job, not bother anyone and be done in may. Now I have extra responsibility, no one who I like to work with, and no raise. I don't mean to bitch (actually that is all this is) but I can't quit because I do need money. I just wish I would get a job offer for after graduation and then I could tell these guys to blow me after spring break. Fingers crossed. I sent my resume to Mr. Plane so hopefully I still have enough karma to pull me through that. Alright I have to head to work but I just had to post.

In honor of me going out tonight, after I finish my homework for my 9 am class that is, I chose a song I will be raging to many a night this semester (my roommate is obsessed this song and he makes the play lists, I am not mad about this song being on the play list, I can't say that for all the songs)

1 comment:

  1. Stay positive bro! Things happen for a reason, I really do believe that. I got some news today too (I refuse to say bad news anymore) and although it is a challenge, I know I will get through it and actually think it'll help me. I know its hard sometimes to stay positive but there's always something good in whatever challenges we face. Don't hesitate to reach out to me if you need to vent.

    ReplyDelete