Thursday, January 13, 2011

Being right handed

I am a little drunk right now as I write this and I was just talking to RJ of "Not so open and obvious" and he said something to me that really made me think. He told me that I can choose my sexuality as much as I can choose the fact that I am right handed. Accepting the truth of that is something that has been extremely hard for me, but I am working on it. Hence this blog where I write it all out. But this whole process has really helped me already to start sorting out my life and has exposed me to a whole different kind of gay guy.

I really have only ever seen gay guys like the one on Glee, or this one guy from my high school who was the star of Choir and now sings professionally. That is not me. I have certain things that may set me apart from your typical straight guy, but again RJ pointed out there is no typical straight or gay guy. We are all just guys and as I live my life I will come to meet all kinds of people, I just have to expose myself to them. So that is the whole point of my post, to let you know I am going to be more open this year, and my goal is to end up in a bigger city where I can meet all kinds of people. I have been wanting that for a while but I just needed to admit that my discovery of my sexuality is driving that just as much as my dream of having a good job and being busy with work and friends all the time.

Alright I will write more later, and talk about this when I am completely sober, but for now here is a song for this post. It is pretty fitting in mind and I hope you guys enjoy it.

4 comments:

  1. When you sober up you're going to wonder why the fuck you were taking advice from me...haha. (oh yeah...thanks for the shout out)

    ReplyDelete
  2. RJ knows whatsup! he always has good advice and he is right, there are all types of guys/gays

    ReplyDelete
  3. you've probably "seen" a ton of gay guys and didn't even know it. the ones that aren't flaming are just better at hiding it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. you should google Gareth Thomas. he is a welsh rugby player and is considered the toughest man in rugby....which is a crazy tough sport to begin with. He came out of the closet after considering suicide and has been embraced by his teammates. There are all types of gay men out there. you just have to meet them.

    ReplyDelete