Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Music to my ears

My ipod has the oddest collection of music. I have everything from rock to pop to rap to classical to show tunes (fits right?) to country. But the constant theme of this music is sadness. My top 25 played songs reads like a teenagers emo mix cd.

I use music to express my emotions all the time and for some reason those just usually happen to be really dark or moody songs. Dashboard Confessional and other groups like that take me to a place where I can just scream out lyrics to release the frustration I am feeling. Last night for instance my parents and I got into a heated discussion about my future and what I am going to do and I just got into my car and was headed to a friends house but took an extremely long route so I could listen to music and have a good release of everything I was feeling at that moment. And my ipod was on shuffle but it played a couple great songs for me to just listen to and calm down.

Maybe it is because of the situation I am in, and because before this blog I had no real release of a lot of the things I have felt and am feeling I have come to rely on music. So I am using this post to ask the few people who do read this to recommend some good tunes to jam out to in the car. For me there is a certain volume level that is just perfect when I am into a good song, its loud enough to kind of feel the music coming from the speakers on both sides of your car but not so freaking loud you can't hear yourself think. That being said I have been known to turn it up and just lose myself in the song. One of those song I do that too all the time is Eve 6's Girlfriend. You can check it out by clicking on that link, and I know it is an odd message for a blog about my bisexual tendencies but the emptiness that I feel in that song is something I can really relate to.

Anyways feel free to send me your ideas guys I am going to listen to some emo music and work out. I know it seems unnatural but it is what I do. Oh another great song to listen to is Sia's Breath Me. You may recognize it from coke's commercials during the Winter Olympics, but then again maybe not because few people love the Olympics or coke as much as I do.

Anyways guys have a good one and lets all hope we can find a guy to listen to music with like one of these two.

1 comment:

  1. Eve 6 is always a solid choice...their first album is great for blasting in the car, as is Offspring's Smash (which is heavier, but most of the songs pretty "emo" if you actually listen to the lyrics). I could go on for ages with recommendations for good driving songs to clear your head...it's one of my favorite past-times.

    ReplyDelete